I have a few Muslim acquaintances who seemed to have let their culture overrule their deen (religion). And sometimes these Muslims’ actions are not according to Islam…. causing problems or conflicts in themselves and in their communities. Because of the actions and attitudes they display, a lot of people get confused, misguided, and misinformed about the religion. I am just blessed that I have learned about Islam through credible printed and online resources, and I have learned Islam without influences of my or other people’s culture.
- Called to prayer
- What did I do when my taxi driver played Christian Worship Music for me?
- When all what you hope for is gone
- Masjid at Market Market, Taguig City: Finally found it!
- Eid Ul Adha 2014 of a Muslim Filipina Revert
- Writing a non Muslim friendly version of My Journey to Islam
- “Do you have hair under your hijab?“ and other questions on my hijab